In the mean time, I did receive a few e-mails:
From Tim at Fiscal Tiger: https:// www.fiscaltiger.com/cost-to-homeschool-your-child/
From Derek about books:
The reading resources on your Everything you need to Know about Music, Art, and English! page are incredibly helpful! Your page inspired me to assemble my own reading resource for parents and children.
Over the last few months I've been building the 50 Best Children's Books of All Time list. The list includes the most quintessence children's reading classics, both new and old.
The best children's book list includes:
- The 50 best children's books of all time
- Books sorted into age groups (infant / toddler, preschool, elementary, and middle school)
- Research and studies on the importance of reading
- Tips for parents on how to read to their children (all ages covered!)
Reading throughout childhood is more important than many parents realize. Here are a few surprising stats from major studies around the US.
- 80% of a child's brain is formed in the first 3 years (according to the Reach Out & Read program)
- Low-income children are especially at risk for development and literacy delays
- 20% of adults have a below basic literacy level (according to a National Center for Education Statistics)
Suffice to say, I don't think my best children's books of all time list is going to change the world, but if it can just help one child or family it will have been worth creating it.
I hope it's a resource you find helpful and would consider adding it to share with your community.
Thanks so much for your time and for all you do for our children.
Founder, Modern Castle
Follow me on Twitter and LinkedIn